Books & Boys Book Blog

B&B Style

B&B Promotions

Review : Snared by L.L. Collins


** ARC PROVIDED BY THE AUTHOR FOR AN HONEST REVIEW ** 

Ok Ok.. First and foremost… L.L. Collins can I hug you and kick you all at the same time… lol! I mean really half the time I was reading, I was crying and taking my glasses on and off because I couldn’t see the words! I know I am a softy but you pulled at every one of my heart strings. (No I didn’t cry throughout it’s not that kind of book) That being said let’s get to the review shall we. 

I did not read book 1 and don’t even feel like I missed out. I feel like I NEED TO GET THAT BOOK ASAP. I totally feel like this book can be read as is without missing anything vital at all. 

Beau Oh Beau how I love thy, if you ask me right now who your favorite book boyfriend is I would tell you Beau Anderson and hey he even beat out Tatum Jackson, just saying.. He is my number one but nope Beau took that place in my heart. 

Not only is Beau a drummer for Jaded Regret, he is a brother, a friend and a lover .. even if he can’t see that last one. 

Beau is dealing with mental health issues throughout the book but that does not make him weak even though he thinks it does. He is strong, empathetic and compassionate. I love how none of his family treats him any differently, they accept him as is. I think this helps in the long run as the story progresses he needs that family strength behind him to fight his battle with himself.

Oh April how I love her she is kick ass in a subtle kind of way. She has quiet strength; I don’t think Beau really understood how strong she was until she had to show him. I love how she just knows him, when he is good and when he needs that little bit of understanding. 

This book is heavy in the emotional sense only because we are dealing with huge mental and emotional matters. I can’t stress enough of how much I loved this book maybe because I know a little something about depression and how it can not only affect you but the ones around you.

I don’t want this to be long winded because this story totally speaks for itself but watching these to find each other and find themselves is powerful and moving. 

Here are some of my most favorite quotes. 

“I don’t know you and you don’t know me. But I like you.” April said this I totally swooned for a girl! 

“Beau, you aren’t a disease. No one is perfect. Not a single damn person. Everyone deserves someone to look at them like they are their whole world. The reason I’m telling you this is because I didn’t think I deserved it, either. I was wrong. You’re wrong, too.” Oh Johnny I freaking <3 you

“I see it, right now. The doubt is taking you over. Don’t doubt that I want to know all of you. I do. The good, the bad, and the in-between.” I swear April I have a girl crush, no joke. 

One of my favorite lines by Beau here is half of it so I don’t give away anything 

“Not as beautiful as you. And I mean every word. Now, will you do me the honor of joining me as …..” 

Also can I just say Beau’s sister Natalie is the bomb I freaking <3 her.. She totally needs her own book just saying.. *Wink Wink*

5 Emotionaly Awesome Star’s 

REVIEWED BY : Pam N.