Books & Boys Book Blog

B&B Style

B&B Promotions

Review : Rapture at Midnight (Cynn Cruor Bloodline #1) by Isobelle Cate


***ARC Provided by the Author for an Honest Review***

Rapture at Midnight by Isobelle Cate was given to me to review on and I will be honest Paranormal is not usually my thing. I am a very big fan of Anne Rice and her Mayfair Witches series, but don’t normally get into the whole Vampire / Werewolf hype. I generally find that kind of fiction to be a little more unrealistic than I am used to, and don’t get me wrong most romances I read are very unrealistic!

I found this particular novel to be very sexual and intense. There was so much going on in the storyline, that I felt it was one of those novels better suited for a rainy day. In that I mean, a day where you could snuggle up on the lounge, with a hot drink and really take your time getting into it, so that you could appreciate it.  In all honesty if was a great story line, where a lot of work went into creating such an enthralling novel. I found it to be extremely well written and for readers who like this kind of genre, it is definitely worthy of recommending.

This is different to what I believe to be a normal paranormal novel, where the male lead Finn Qualtrough is a Cynn Cruor Warrior. What is that you ask, well……….. He is a combination of a Vampire and a Werewolf. From what I got from this story, he is an immortal being who has the best DNA from both bloodlines. 

We also meet Eirene Spence, a computer genius who is also a bit of an insomniac. There is also something different about Eirene that she doesn’t understand.

When Eirene meets Finn at midnight, one evening during one of her usual midnight walks it changes her life forever. The events that unfold from there place her in a danger she would have never envisioned. 

Like I mentioned before, if this is your genre you will love it. I won’t deny it had a pull to it, that had me wanting to finish it and I really would recommend it to others.

For me this book was definitely a four star rating.