Books & Boys Book Blog

B&B Style

B&B Promotions

Review : The Purest Hook by Scarlett Cole


*** ARC Provided by Author for Honest Review ***

This is part of the Second Circle Tattoos Series. This is my first read from this author and I really did enjoy it . It made me want to go back read book one and two. Yes this can be read as a standalone but if you want to learn more about the rest of the characters then yes you have to go back since you don't get much backstory on them. And if you are into Bad Boy Hot Rock stars then yes this is for you lol.

This is not an instant love story. I liked how it took time to build their connections. There is drama , steamy not over done hot scenes , there is also secrets, painful backgrounds. I just wish we could have had a little more details on parts of the story.

Dred is sexy, arrogant your typical Rock star with painful background and lots of anger. But as the story builds we see how he is very caring, protective, and patient. Yes he made me a little angry at the way he handled certain situation but I kind of understand why he was scared.

Pixie first gave me the impression of a scared little mouse. But then we see she is very strong and has learned things the hard way. I have admiration for her character and especially that even though her world is falling apart she never gives in to her demons.  I can imagine the strength it must take to do that.

Like I said there is drama but there is also betrayal, action and yes a HEA. 
Yes I hope we get more from this series there are some characters that I would love to know more from . Over all it was a good read . And I do recommend.

4 Stars
 
Reviewed by Deanne C