Books & Boys Book Blog

B&B Style

B&B Promotions

Review : Up in Flames by Abbi Glines


***ARC provided in exchange for an honest review***

Let me start by saying I love Abbi Glines' Rosemary Beach Series . It is rare I commit to over a four or five book series , so the fact I've made it through all twelve books before Up in Flames is huge .  Ms . Glines has written these books brilliantly ! 

Nan is the character we all love to hate .  I was curious how Ms . Glines would redeem Nan in this book and she does a beautiful job . I'm still not drinking the Nan kool-aid 100% but I am a lot closer . Let's face it , Nan has not been very nice in the past but Up in Flames gives us a glance into the real Nan . I was pleasantly surprised how this book turned out . I think you will be too . 

As Ms . Glines blurb is very vague , I am not going to give away any spoilers . I am going to say this book is full of twists and turns that will keep you turning the pages . A great writer is one that can redeem the most unredeemable characters and Ms . Glines does just this with Nan . 

Please give this book a chance . People can and do change , especially if they find the right person who sees to their very core . This was a fast paced book that kept me highly engaged the whole time . I read it cover to cover in one swoop while ignoring everything around me , so you know it's good !  

5 Stars

Reviewed by : Jennifer M.