Books & Boys Book Blog

B&B Style

B&B Promotions

Review : Wish List by Belinda Williams


***ARC Provided by the Author for an Honest Review***

Wish List: City Love 4 by Belinda Williams is the last book in the City Love Series and a book for all romantics.
I never got the opportunity to read the first three books in this series, but I found that it was not a requirement to be able to follow this story.

As we start this story we meet Cate Harmon, a financial planner who has a thing for creating lists. The funny thing about that is Cate’s friends are positive she has created a checklist to help her find the perfect man. Although she doesn’t deny it, she also refuses to settle for anything less. When Cate’s water heater bursts she finds herself at the mercy of Dave Worthington, a plumber who just happens to be close by.

For me this love story, which is a beautiful one by the way, progressed a little slower than I am used to reading. Please don’t get me wrong, there is nothing wrong with that at all. I did find that by progressing at this pace, we were able to get some background history on Cate. It gave us insight as to why she is so pedantic with how she lives her life.

Then we progress to our plumber Dave……. A man who will intrigue you for most of the book, as he is one of those quiet types. Their interactions are always short and to the point to start with, that it made you wonder when you were going to get to the good bits. As the story plays out you discover that this is a man with a secret…. actually he is a man with many secrets.

Over all I found this to be a well written account of a girl with a past she would rather forget, trying to find her way in the world. I really did enjoy the story line and would recommend it to others, but I would have just liked to have seen it progress a little faster.

This is a four star rating for me.

Reviewed by Stacey J.