Books & Boys Book Blog

B&B Style

B&B Promotions

Review : Heat It Up by Stina Lindenblatt

Heat It Up by Stina Lindenblatt


*** ARC Provided by Author for Honest Review ***


Well ok, I honestly have to say I have mixed feelings about ‘Heat It Up’ by Stina Lindenblatt. This is my first book by this author and I am in no way saying it was bad by any means I just want to make that clear lol. The thing is that at parts it was a little slow and made me stop to take a break.


I loved how they incorporated the other language and culture and also how we got a look at all the interesting characters. However there is something but I can't seem to put my finger on it. At times it just felt a little too disconnected for me. But, that being said it was still a good book.


Both our characters are going through hardships in their lives and have run to Finland to find some perspective. One, through an exchange student program where she hopes to gain some experience and the other has escaped through work to coach some teenage hockey players. Sofia and Kyle just have to figure out what it is they want and if it is worth fighting for.


 There was definitely some funny bits and I loved the grandmother she reminded me of the dad from My Big Fat Greek Wedding. I did love the twists in this book though I didn't expect it at all so she got me good lol. Over all it was enjoyable that I give 4 stars.


Reviewed by Deanne C