Books & Boys Book Blog

B&B Style

B&B Promotions

Review : If The Shoe Fits by Jody Lynn Daniels



If the Shoe Fits by Jody Lynn Daniels


*** ARC Provided by Author for Honest Review ***

This is a Sweet Fairytale Story. ‘If the Shoe Fits’ by Jody Lynn Daniels is a modern Cinderella story retold with some twists but yes we still get the slippers lol. This is a 4 star book for me.

I really loved the start of the story with both characters Ella and Nick getting to meet each other and I also enjoyed the references to the Classic Breakfast at Tiffany's. Both characters were super cute.

But my favorite had to be Mrs. Miller she was funny and sassy reminded me of my Nana. Also what is a Cinderella story without the two Stepsisters and Stepmother. 

I loved that Nick just couldn't stay away from her and her simple character made him want to be more worthy of her instead of trying to bring her into his world he incorporated himself into her world. Only Con I found and for me it was a little hard to get passed was the change of POV without warnings as I swear at times I had no idea who was talking as it went from one person to another then to the narrator. 
And as much as I loved Ella at some points she did get too cheesy.

Reviewed by Deanne C.