Books & Boys Book Blog

B&B Style

B&B Promotions

Review : The Sapphire Affair by Lauren Blakely

28253786


***ARC PROVIDED BY AUTHOR FOR HONEST REVIEW***


This is the first time I have sat down and read a Lauren Blakely novel and happily I was quite pleased with this story. However, I must say it took me awhile to get into the book. Lauren writes extremely well and is very descriptive in her story. With that, she was little too descriptive for my liking. If you are into everything being described from the rusty nail on the groves of the wood to the soft, pebbly beach than you will love her writing style. Just a small disclosure, Lauren writes in third person omniscient. This style of writing is very difficult to capture and Lauren does a fantastic job of it. It was kind of fun to read once I got the hang of it.


As for the love story that was brewing, at times I was like come on and get to the point. But once it got to the point, I was hooked. Jake and Steph’s relationship was hot from the get go. Steph is feisty and fun while Jake is your typical dominate male. However, he tries his best not mix business with pleasure. Steph is a little too hard to resist which makes their chemistry even more sizzling.


What I really enjoyed about this novel was I was able to visualize this novel as a movie. There is some suspense which I thoroughly enjoyed. Lauren keeps you hanging and wanting more. Many times, I was like, “Oh, what is about to happen?”


Jake provided me with one of my favorite sexual lines, “three to one ratio.” Wait until you read what that means. You will be quite excited.


Lastly, this novel definitely let me hanging and wanting more. I am not a fan of cliffhangers because they are cliffhangers. They drive me absolutely bonkers. And this cliffhanger did exactly that. I cannot wait until I get the privilege to read the next book in this series. I need to know what happens next.


Overall, I thoroughly enjoyed this novel and am excited to read what is in store for Jake and Steph. This is a 4 star read for me.


Reviewed by Kris F.