Books & Boys Book Blog

B&B Style

B&B Promotions

Review : The Color Of Us by Laura Ward & Christine Manzari

The Color of Us by Laura  Ward



***ARC PROVIDED BY THE AUTHORS IN EXCHANGE FOR AN HONEST REVIEW***


This was the first book I had read by either Laura Ward or Christine Manzari so was extremely happy to now rectify that by reading this book 'The Color Of Us'. This book was a great 5 star read that certainly pulls at your emotions and draw you in right from the beginning. I should also state that this is in fact the second book in the 'College Bound' series but can definitely be read as a standalone.


Alexis (Lex) Sinclair has always been a good girl that has followed the rules and has done what was expected of her. Struggling with the grief of losing her sister in a car accident and the sadness that consumes her she is forced to also face her biggest fear and is sent to take part in a Driver's ed course. Taking part in this course surprisingly turns out to be a saving grace in the form of bad boy Liam O'Connell.


Although Liam knows that he shouldn't really pursue Alexis there is an undeniable bond that forms between the two of them. Over time Liam and Alexis become close and he is able to help her move forward and have some happiness again, also helping her to see the colours in the rainbows again. However, Liam has a secret that can change everything. He knows he can't lose Alexis and to his best to stop that from happening.


"I know I have made mistakes, but when I'm with you, I want to be better. You make me feel like one day I can be worthy. I want to be good enough for you, Lex."


I loved how Liam wanted to change for Alexis and help her see the colours in life again. He was so amazingly sweet and had a great heart. They are two broken souls from completely different worlds that by coming together can possibly heal each other.


This is a beautifully written book that flows so well which makes you appreciate more that this was written by two people. The sentiments and feelings throughout were more than what I was expecting and that only made it a better read. It so much more than just a romance book, its about trust, friendship, grief, family and how to cope with all those things. It is a book that will stay with me for sure. I would truly recommend this book to all.


Reviewed by Louise G.