Books & Boys Book Blog

B&B Style

B&B Promotions

Review : Beyond The Pine by Kate Benson



***ARC PROVIDED BY THE AUTHOR IN EXCHANGE FOR AND HONEST REVIEW***


Having not read anything by Kate Benson before I was quite looking forward to reading ‘Beyond The Pine’ as I ad only heard great things about her books. That being said I didn't think I would enjoy this book just as much as I did, 4.5 stars.


This book is different from what I had been reading of late, different than most of whats out there just now I think and that made it that much more enjoyable. A tale of forbidden romance with so much more going on. Asher and Riley will work their way into your heart and have you taking a ride on an emotional rollercoaster.


Raised in a commune Riley is naive to the outside world and believes in the doctrine that has been fed to her all her life. However when Asher literally crashes into her life she begins to question what is true and what she wants. Never has she felt for anyone the pull and attraction that she has towards Asher and it is a struggle for her.


Being a nomadic biker Asher never really laid down roots and had no thoughts of settling down but when he crashes into the boundary of the commune and is rescued by some members his life is set to change. While recovering from his injuries Asher meets Riley and until that point he had never thought he wanted any one person or to stay in one place but the connection and feelings he has for Riley has him questioning everything.


There is a major problem in that there are plans in place for Riley set by the Reverend and Asher is in no way to be a part of them. Everything about Riley and Asher is a sin and everything is against them. Their relationship only seems to make life dangerous and difficult.


Obviously I can imagine some struggling a little with the religion in the story and I’ll admit even for me I found it a bid hard to take at times but then that is in part due to my own beliefs. However this is definitely a book that you will struggle to put it down once you start. I don't want to spoil anything  but this is a book worth reading. Written in multiple points of view in a way that will keep you entertained from beginning to end.


Reviewed by Louise G.