Books & Boys Book Blog

B&B Style

B&B Promotions

Review : Furious Rush by S.C. Stephens




***ARC PROVIDED BY AUTHOR IN EXCHANGE FOR AN HONEST REVIEW***


When I saw that S.C. Stephens was releasing a new book I got really excited and couldn't wait to get my hands on it. Of course it is hard not to have high expectations about ‘Furious Rush” given how spectacular I though S.C. Stephens’ other books were. I did enjoy this book and it was a 4 star read for me.


To start off with I unfortunately found the story a bit slow but when it did get going I really did get into it. What’s not to love in a story about motorcycle racing and some hot riders. Kenzie and Hayden are two rival racers who despite everything including a strict no fraternising rule, can’t fight the attraction to each other.


In a sport where there are not many females and coming from a racing legacy Kenzie feels she has lots to prove. Added to that is the fact how much her father and his company need her to win, the pressure is definitely on for Kenzie and she can’t have any distractions, least of all Hayden, who she thinks is an arrogant idiot.


Former street racer and recently turned professional racer Hayden also has a lot to prove. He needs to prove that he is as good as anyone on the track and deserves to be there. As for Kenzie he initially views her as a spoiled princess but he cant help start to feel protective of her. the more they race and get to know each other the more they are drawn to one another. This leads to secret meetings and steamy scenes that I loved.


As ever S.C. Stephens has created an amazing male lead that you cant help but swoon over and a strong and fiesta female lead. I do however have to admit that I wasn't quite sure of Kenzie to begin with as I found her kinda bitchy but the more you read the more you understand and get to like her. The scenes between them are hot and steamy and extremely well written but this book is told only from Kenzie’s point of view and I wouldn't have minded knowing some of Hayden’s thoughts. There are some unanswered questions that I am sure will be fixed by another book. Overall a great read that will be enjoyed by many and I will happily recommend to others.


Reviewed by Louise G.