Books & Boys Book Blog

B&B Style

B&B Promotions

Review : A Love To Last by Kelsey Browning



***ARC PROVIDED BY AUTHOR FOR HONEST REVIEW***


This was my first book I have read written by Kelsey Browning and I have to say it was great first book for me. The story line was captivating and kept my interest throughout the entire story.


In a nutshell, it is Texas, cowboy romance. Wasn’t sure I was going to stay interested in country ways but I caught myself smiling a lot during my reading. The southern references that Cal and Delaney and everybody else made, was so much fun. It made me feel like I was in small Texas town (insert twang). 


The love story created for Delaney and Cal made me as a reader, want them to get together. I wanted to fight for them. You knew from the get go, they were made for each other. Then to throw the Prophecy boot legacy aspect and how they were connected because of these special boots. Oh geez, swoon moment. I became a believer of the Prophecy boot legend. I wanted my own boots and I am not a boot girl. 


One thing I would like to note about the story, that left me kind of confused. Kelsey did a lot of back and forth point of views between the characters. Mostly it was Cal and Delaney but in  middle of the novel, she threw in Raylene, Delaney’s aunt. This threw me off as a reader. My only remark is, to stick with the original points of views and not mix in others in the process. It was way confusing and my only complaint.

Speaking of Raylene, she was one of my favorite characters. I absolutely loved her spunky personality and the love she showed Delaney. I wished Raylene was my aunt. Like her, many of the characters in this novel were all quite lovable. You will fall in the with story and the family of characters that are included. If you are into boot wearing, Texan love story, this is definitely the book for you. 

My rating is 4 stars.


Reviewed by Kris F.