Books & Boys Book Blog

B&B Style

B&B Promotions

Review : Out Of Bounds by R.S. Grey

Out of Bounds by R.S. Grey


***ARC PROVIDED BY AUTHOR FOR AN HONEST REVIEW***

 As a fan of RS Grey already I couldn’t wait to get my hands on ‘Out Of Bounds’ The Summer Games #2. Having read and loved the first one I had high hoped for this one and thankfully I wasn’t disappointed. Another awesome 5 star read from this author.

Brie Watson is a star in the world of gymnastics and she is aiming to get the biggest accolade she can and achieve Olympic Gold. She has lived and breathed gymnastics all her life and with the Olympics being just round the corner she can’t deal with any distractions or complications at this time. Unfortunately for Brie though things don’t quite work out in her favour.

Brought in as coach Erik Winter has a lot to prove, feeling that he always lived in the shadow of his father he now wants to show what he can do. Erik comes across as arrogant, distant and cruel to begin with and I wasn’t sure I was going to like him but I must admit I do love a bit of an antihero at times but Erik does also show he can be thoughtful and considerate. Of course that only made me fall for him some more.

The banter and angst between Brie and Erik was very entertaining with the love/hate relationship only showcasing the chemistry between them even more with the sexual tension and heat jumping from the page. Both characters are stubborn and unwilling to back down meaning they are putting things at risk that they shouldn’t be. The games between them may just jeopardise everything.

This book has so much going for it. The supporting characters as well as the main characters are well written and entertaining. The love/hate push and pull between Erik and Brie along with the underlying aspect of being a forbidden but inevitable romance was well spaced out and flowed wonderfully. There was a few times when I might have been slightly frustrated with Brie being slightly immature and Erik being colder than I would have liked but there was not enough of it to make me give this book anything other than 5 stars. This is a hot, sexy sports read with angst and feelings based around great characters. As always another book by RS Grey that I would highly recommend.


Reviewed by Louise G.