Books & Boys Book Blog

B&B Style

B&B Promotions

Review : To Have and To Hold by Lauren Layne




To Have and to Hold by Lauren Layne


***ARC Provided by the Author for an Honest Review***

To Have and to Hold by Lauren Layne is a first for me from this author and unfortunately not what I was hoping for, as her other novels have received such fantastic reviews. I was hoping this would be the same.

Starting this story I was introduced to Brooke Baldwin, a wedding planner whose fiancé is arrested on their wedding day. The effect of this obviously has a devastating effect on Brooke and seeking a fresh start and new outlook she heads to Los Angeles. Her first client is not only a high profile one, but one that sees the bride’s brother being in charge of the arrangements. This I found intriguing and kept reading to see how the story played out.

Seth Tyler doesn’t want his sister to get married. If anything, this story tells the tale of a protective brother trying to prevent his sister from making a huge mistake. The problem with that is the one person he is trying to enlist to help him, has already suffered through a similar scenario. Seth is one of those by the book guys, who has a tendency to be stubborn and controlling, which only adds to the drama between him and Brooke.

It’s a sweet romance, one that can be frustrating at times with all the drama. There were times when I didn’t understand the intention or maybe thought that I would have handled the situation differently.

Realistically that’s just human nature, as we all have different opinions. Overall it’s a great story, and I have no doubt the majority of readers who buy this will love it

This is a four star rating for me.


Reviewed by Stacey J