Books & Boys Book Blog

B&B Style

B&B Promotions

Review : Under The Lights by Abbi Glines



***ARC PROVIDED BY AUTHOR IN EXCHANGE FOR AN HONEST REVIEW***


‘Under The Lights’ is the new release from Abbi Glines  and is a follow on from ‘Until Friday Night’ but it can definitely be read as a standalone. For me Abbi Glines is one of those authors who you one click overtime she has a new release as you just know you are going to love it and this book was no exception, I give it 4.5 stars.


I started this book with trepidation even though it was an Abbi Glines novel because I am not overly fond of love triangles as I always end up either frustrated or disappointed when reading them. I have to say though that I quite enjoyed how Abbi had written this and I wasn't itching to scream, shout and throw my kindle by the end of it. 


Willa, Gunner and Brady were the best of friends until Willa moves away at the age of eleven. Gunner and Brady continue to be best friends and both become school football stars. Six years after she left Willa returns and both Gunner and Brady are soon vying for her attention. Although having made a pact many moons ago not to ask Willa out they are trying to have their chance with her.


Each of them had their struggles and things to get through that made them relatable. Told from each point of view allowed you to get to know the characters better and like them even more. Even though it is a young adult book the characters were very mature and it will appeal to all ages. I really enjoyed this story which was really well written and quite a quick read to get through. I did think it was a shame that the story resolved the triangle with so little of the book remaining so we didn't get much of a chance to see them as a couple but that is just because i loved the characters and wanted the chance to read about them being happy together. I would more than happily recommend this book to all ages.



Reviewed by Louise