Books & Boys Book Blog

B&B Style

B&B Promotions

Review : Acadian Waltz by Alexandrea Weis



***ARC PROVIDED BY FOR AN HONEST REVIEW***

Alexandrea Weis is a new author to me. I have never read a novel written by her. At first, Acadian Waltz started off slow for me to the point the book was becoming a little cliché. Overbearing mother wanting her thirty-year-old daughter to bear her first grandchild. But my opinion quickly changed as the novel progressed. Can I just say wow? Alexandria Weiss writes exceptionally well which made it easy for me to follow.
The story is based around on a young female named Nora. When she finally meets the perfect male with all the potential she is looking for, she becomes pretty much dormant. At first when you meet Nora, she is strong and independent female character. But when she finally lands a man, she changes more to a submissive (not sexual). Not only does she lose herself, she settles with this man. When you think about it, John is the man her mother would want her to marry.
Then one fine day, she runs into someone from her past, more like her childhood, Jean Marc. I liked him as soon as we met him. Nora soon struggles with her feelings which was clear to me as a reader that her feelings where for Jean Marc. I was very pleased this story ended in a happily ever after. Yeah, I am a sucker for happy endings and Alex sucked me right in.
The story line was intense and full of passion. Very written novel by Alex Weis. Love the description of New Orleans and the bayou.

Lastly this line made an impact on me.
“Our souls are not judged by the sins we accumulate in life, but by the love we take with us after our life has ebbed away.”
Brilliant line. Ms. Weiss you deserve a round of applause.

My rating 4 stars.

Reviewed by Kris F.