Books & Boys Book Blog

B&B Style

B&B Promotions

Review : Branded by Candace Havens



***ARC Provided by the Author for an Honest Review***

Branded by Candace Havens was for me a quick easy read that had everything I was looking for that week. I wanted something light, without a whole lot of drama and I had it finished within a couple of days.

There’s an expectation that all rich girls are princesses, who flaunt their wealth to their advantage. What I enjoyed about Candace’s character Callie, is that assumption couldn’t be furthest from the truth.

When Callie returns to her Grandparents farm during her break from college, she meets Cole, the new ranch foreman who is looking after his uncle’s job until he is better. Apart from looking after his little sister, the only rule Cole had to abide by was staying away from the boss’s granddaughter.

The chemistry between these two is instant, and both lead characters fight against what they really feel because they fear the consequences. I was intrigued from the start and loved how their story played out. There are surrounding characters that I felt could have been touched on a bit more, but it didn’t really have too much of an impact on what happens.

This story has a bit of everything – Callie fears failure at college and the disappointment she believes it will bring her family, whilst Cole fears jeopardising his uncles job, and the ability to keep a roof over his and his sisters head.

This is a great light tale that I have no doubt everyone will enjoy
This is a four star read for me

Reviewed by Stacey J