Books & Boys Book Blog

B&B Style

B&B Promotions

Review : The Playbook by Missy Johnson & Lily Jane


** ARC provided by the author for an honest review ** 


The Playbook was totally not what I expected it to be ... it was so much more. 

What happens when a man whore professional athlete is faced with a choice of either cleaning up his act or losing the one thing he has a true passion for ? INSANITY. 

Jake loved the game .. on and off the field. He was set in his ways and had no regard for anything or anyone expect himself. I really hated him at the start but as the story progressed I began to see glimpses of a man that started to redeem himself in my eyes. 

Abbey was wonderful, smart, sassy and loyal. What started out as a means to exact revenge for her best friend, became a portal for all scorned woman. The Playbook is not what you think but is something that she Abbey made that resonated with hundreds of women. 

A chance encounter will leave them both frazzled and set into motion something that if fates allow can turn into something wonderful.

Just when I thought I knew what was going to happen, someone comes out of left field changing the game and taking it in an entirely different route. I can't wait for the next installment and am confident it will leave me yearning for more.