Books & Boys Book Blog

B&B Style

B&B Promotions

Review : The Rocker That Needs Me by Terri Anne Browning



***ARC PROVIDED BY THE AUTHOR IN EXCHANGE FOR AN HONEST REVIEW***

Having read books 1 & 2 in the ‘The Rocker’ series I couldn’t stop there knowing there was four guys in the band that all had and needed their own story. For me ‘The Rocker That Needs Me’ by Terri Anne Browning is 4.5 star read. This is a series that must be read in order.

When reading the first two books I hadn’t been overly interested in Drake and had somewhat overlooked him but I was so pleased that I was able to rectify that as he is an amazing character. I didn’t think I would love him as much as I did but am so pleased that like previously with his bandmates I have fallen under his spell too.

Drake has a habit of drowning his sorrows with the help of a bottle of Jack Daniels in the hope that it will chase away his nightmares and memories. He is a tortured soul and doesn’t feel deserving at all (oh how wrong he is). Over time Drake has become friends with Lana, the younger sister of Layla from book 2. Saying they are just friends is a bit of an understatement but it does start with a much need friendship for Drake.

Being only 17 years old Lana is still very young even if she has had to grow up fast and has an old head on her shoulders. Lana knows she is only supposed to be friends with Drake but unfortunately her heart doesn’t listen and she falls head over heels for him and wants so much more than what they have. When things progress it doesn’t quite workout and they end up apart for some time.

Drake and Lana are two kindred souls that have their own demons to battle but they battle them best when together. This was great to see from both sides and allowing us to see the friendship grow and feelings progress makes you connect that bit more to both sides. I am loving reading all the rocker books and recommend them to all.

Reviewed by Louise G.