Books & Boys Book Blog

B&B Style

B&B Promotions

Review : Lucas by Jay McLean


***ARC Provided by the Author for an Honest Review***

Lucas by Jay McLean was a story I wasn’t expecting. I didn’t just get pulled into Lucas and Laney’s story, I was pulled into the Preston family story. It was awesome the way Jay did that and it made the story so much more enjoyable.

Lucas is one of those guys you would just look at and go ‘What the?’ Some of the things you read have you wondering what the hell was going through his head. Everything little detail that Jay puts into her story about Lucas is realistic, and you understand that’s just boys in general.

What he has with Laney though, is something most can only wish for. But love isn’t love without the ups and downs, the doubts, the sad stuff and of course the happiness.

What really drew me into this story was how Jay defined her characters, creating a world that you as a reader had no other choice but to escape into. I laughed when they did and my tears welled when things got too tough for them.

Lucas is a beautifully written story about friendship and love, and the ability of two people to connect on a level many will never experience.

This is an amazing story that I will be highly recommending.

This is a five star read for me.