Books & Boys Book Blog

B&B Style

B&B Promotions

Review : Crown Jewels by Ella James



***ARC Provided by the Author for an Honest Review***

Crown Jewels by Ella James was a story with a difference for me. The blurb intrigued me, but I’ve learnt not to go into a book with too many expectations.

I found this one to be a quirky, yet different outtake on modern romance, which for me made it an enjoyable read. I’m not a fan of the Kardashian’s or even royal stories, but this particular story had me laughing at some of the outlandish things that came with being famous. 

Lucy Rhodes walked away from her family’s TV series and for the past couple of years has been living on a horse ranch. She was looking to rediscover herself after a relationship from hell. Prince Liam, now he was entertaining. This isn’t your normal everyday kind of prince, this one spent his childhood in America. Therefore he grew up being influenced differently than what he would have in his own country. 

Liam’s reputation is well known and although Lucy doesn’t want him, she stalks him on Instagram. A chance one night stand when she returns home for a visit throws a spanner in the works for these two. Lucy finds herself pregnant.

It’s the story from that moment one that I loved. The one where a life changing event such as having a child makes you re-evaluate your life and the choices you make. In this one the happily ever after won’t come easily, especially when the secrets being hidden have the ability to destroy.

This is a four star read for me. 

Reviewed by Stacey J