Books & Boys Book Blog

B&B Style

B&B Promotions

Review : Dollars by Pepper Winters


***ARC Provided by the Author for an Honest Review***

I’m a huge fan of Pepper Winters and was extremely thrilled to get hold of her book Dollars. This book took me places I wasn’t expecting and tore at my heart in such a way that it brought me to tears at times. 

This is a heart wrenching tale of Pim, a lost girl who had been stolen, and then sold. Her traumatic life is a living hell that she couldn’t escape. When a glimpse of freedom presented itself, she saw hope - but it wasn’t to be. Everything about Pim devastated me, especially her circumstances, and frame of mind. To live a life like she has is not something I could ever imagine or wish upon someone else. 

Elder -  now that was a hard man, who was domineering and possessive, with a complexity many would not understand. If a man like him could ever have a weakness, it would have to be something big, something that would knock his world off it’s axis. When he steals Pim, he knows he’s bitten off more than he can chew but he needed to save her. Unfortunately, being with her takes him back to a place that he has no control over and it’s not something he likes.

This whole story is gripping, explosive and gut wrenching. You won’t be able to put it down, because you will need – not want, to know how it ends and if these to tortured souls can find something in each other to bring them out of the dark and into the light.

This is a five-star read for me. 

Reviewed by Stacey J