Books & Boys Book Blog

B&B Style

B&B Promotions

Review : Jax by JL Perry


***ARC Provided by the Author for an Honest Review***

Where have you all been hiding JL Perry? I mean seriously, someone could have quietly whispered to me that I should really get my hands on one of her books!

Her book Jax blew me away, and I intend to read anything else I can get my hands on as well.

What a story! 

Life has a way of making us take the long way around to get to our final destination and Miss Perry shows us in Jax that sometimes that can happen in love as well. 

Jax Albright is supposed to be following his father and moving into politics. Does he want to? Hell no! Jax here likes the fact that he’s different with his tattoos and piercings, but he’s leaving for university and hasn’t told the girl who holds his heart yet. 

Candice Crawford is a live wire, a girl with a spark who along with her pink hair is trying to be the person her mother doesn’t want her to be – herself. The daughter of a model / beauty queen, Candice prefers art and her love that burns deep for her best friend Jax. 

This is one of those stories where the lead characters love each other with a passion that’s undeniable, but they don’t want to ruin the friendship between them. Yes you will want to yell at them to get their s#*t together, but you will also enjoy witnessing the journey they take to find their way back to each other.

Sometimes giving into our desires can be a good thing, regardless of how we perceive the outcome. 

Jax and Candice took their time realizing what they were missing, but I loved jumping on board for the ride along with them and I know you will too.

This is a four star read for me. 

Reviewed by Stacey J