Books & Boys Book Blog

B&B Style

B&B Promotions

Review : The Presence of Grace by Anie Michaels


***ARC Provided by the Author for an Honest Review***

This is the second book this week for me where I had wished I’d read the prior book first. Although ‘The Presence of Grace’ by Anie Michaels is a standalone, I believe that it would have made the journey you take with Grace and Devon that much more beautiful.

After losing his wife Devon relocates his two children to Florida to be closer to his parents. The three of them settle in nicely, but Devon closes himself off - making his children his priority. When Grace ends up in the same town three years after last seeing Devon she is shocked, but it ignites something inside her. 

There is nothing quick about the love story that develops between these two and that’s what makes Anie’s story line an enjoyable read. I loved how the children were integrated into the story so that there was focus on them as well. They may have been secondary characters, but the feel you got as you engrossed yourself further, was that they were a main focus in how the love between Devon and Grace develops. 

Such a beautiful story, that will pull at your heart strings regardless of the mood you are in. It’s a book I would highly recommend.

This is a four-star read for me. 

Reviewed by Stacey J