Books & Boys Book Blog

B&B Style

B&B Promotions

Review : Sunshine and Rain by M. Mabie


***ARC Provided by the Author for an Honest Review***

What a cute little story ‘Sunshine and Rain’ by M Mabie is!

It embellishes what I look for as an ‘in-between’ kind of book. You know the type …. The ones you go searching for when your head is about to explode from all the dark, tortured kinds. I absolutely love finding these sweet kinds of reads and it’s what keeps me coming back for more, especially if it’s a new author to me.

This book is about a boy who crushes on a cheerleader in high school. Obviously, she doesn’t see him in the same light due to the five-year age difference between them.  In this story, Sunny Wilbanks is older and although she finds Rhett Caraway’s attention to be sweet, she doesn’t take him seriously. 

Well …. Not until a few years later anyway….

When they do connect, there is the usual self-doubt over the age difference. Sunny kind of takes this a little too far, but you can forgive her for feeling that Rhett can do better. She wants him to live, to experience life, but she is it for him and he makes his intentions clear.

I devoured this book and I know you will too.

This is a four-star read for me. 

Reviewed by Stacey J