Books & Boys Book Blog

B&B Style

B&B Promotions

What if it's Right by JB Heller


***ARC Provided by the Author for an Honest Review***

What if it’s Right by JB Heller is a first for me, and I don’t just mean from this author. This is the first time I have ever read a story like this!

I must admit it was hard for me as I have an eighteen year old son, but when I pushed aside the uncertainty of how I would handle a situation like that, it really was an enjoyable read.

Tory Dixon became the legal guardian of her nephew Finn, when her sister died. She was a young woman who was thrown in the deep end, learning with each step she took. When Finn requested moving from the town they lived in, Tory didn’t refuse and that’s where Weston Banks comes into the picture.

Weston becomes Finns best friend, and as the years go by he finds himself falling in love with the one person he knows he shouldn’t – Tory, his best friends mum.

This is a beautiful story that many may consider taboo, and yes in some respect it is, but if you go into it with an open mind you will fall in love with it. 

There’s a difference to this book that drew me in, and kept me intrigued until the very end. It’s a story that gives you so much more than the simple ‘boy meets girl’ type of book, and the character development was amazing. It deals with more than one touchy subject, but was written in such a way that you grew to love each character, and the way their story developed. 

I loved it and would highly recommend you grab a copy. 

This is a five star read for me. 

Reviewed by Stacey J