Books & Boys Book Blog

B&B Style

B&B Promotions

Review : Empire by Lili St. Germain

Empire (Cartel, #3)


***ARC provided by the author for an honest review***

Writing: Great
Violence: Graphic
Sex: Explicit
Narration: 1st person; alternating

Empire, by Lili St. Germain, is the third and final installment in the Cartel Series.

Book three brings us a disillusioned Mariana.  Dornan has become the monster his father wants and Mariana can no longer handle living in fear.  Opportunities are presenting themselves to Mariana, leading her to the freedom she has desired for the last 10 years.  All of Dornan's sins are pushing Mariana further away, making it easy for her to choose.  How is she supposed to love this monster that he has become?  

Dornan has no choice but to choose the Monster over his love for Mariana.  It’s what his father wants and what Emilio wants, Emilio gets.  Struggling with his feelings for her and his responsibilities to The Cartel has finally driven Dornan mad.

Will Mariana get the freedom she has worked so hard for or will The Cartel win in the end?

Empire was probably the best of the three books.  This whole series from beginning to end is simply magnificent. There were several times that I was questioning if my moral compass was still pointing due north.  The author did a great job keeping a steady pace, I never got bored and was completely wrapped up in this story.  Once I started, I didn’t want to stop. I had so many emotions throughout this book.  Fear, sadness and even joy in the oddest of places were just some emotional waves for me.  The hardest part of writing this review today is that I don’t want to spoil this book for you but there was so much great stuff to tell you.  If you prefer the darker romances, you will NOT be disappointed by investing your time in this series!

The Cartel series is actually a Prequel to The Gypsy Brother Series...which I have already bought and started.  Lili St. Germain just hit my top 10 favorite authors.  Good Stuff!

I am giving Empire by Lili St. Germain 5 stars.


Reviewed by: Corrie H.