Books & Boys Book Blog

B&B Style

B&B Promotions

Review : Farewell, my Loves by Jen Tirone


***ARC PROVIDED BY AUTHOR FOR AN HONEST REVIEW***

Writing: Great
Violence: Graphic
Sex: Explicit
Narration: 1st Person, same narrator throughout story

Farewell, My Loves by Jen Tirone is a heartbreaking story of fated love based on a true story.  Gianna, born in the early 1940’s into a traditional Italian family, is adored from the minute she enters this world.  Her family’s closest friends, the Moretti’s, adore her just as if she were their own, especially their four year old son, Giorgio.   Cementing a bond that would last a lifetime, Gio dotes on Gia from the time she is born.  Their friendship grows with them; Gio always looking out for Gia and Gia never leaving his side.  That they would one day be married was a given to their families.

When Gio is forced to immigrate to America with his father, Gia is heartbroken but vows they will one day be together again.

Several years later, Gio returns to marry Gia and bring her to America.  With hearts and flowers in her young eyes, Gia follows to begin her new life.  But Gia isn’t prepared for all of the changes and she struggles with the dreams she envisioned and the reality of her future.  Will Gio and Gia’s love sustain them through all of their struggles and danger that seems to be everywhere?

This book was breathtaking, amazing, phenomenal, stunning; I could go on and on.  I had such a visceral reaction to this book and still find it on my mind hours later.  I do not anticipate forgetting about this story for a long time to come.  Farewell, My Loves takes the reader through immense joy and shattering heartbreak all in 25 chapters.  Ms. Tirone did a spectacular job of pulling emotion out of the reader, which is a spectacular gift for any author.  Read this book. You won’t be disappointed…just make sure to grab the Kleenex.

If I could give Farewell, My Loves all the stars in the sky I would, but I am limited to 5.  Jen Tirone, you earned every single one.  I am definitely looking forward to all of your future works!

Reviewed by: Corrie H