Books & Boys Book Blog

B&B Style

B&B Promotions

Review : Kingpin by Lili St. Germain

22369033


***ARC provided by the author for an honest review***

Writing: Great
Violence: Graphic
Sex: Explicit
Narration: 1st person; alternating

Kingpin, by Lili St. Germain, is the second installment in the Cartel Series.

Mariana has been with the Il Sangue Cartel and the Gypsy Brothers MC for 9 years now.  Resigned to the life she was basically forced into by her drug running father’s horrible decisions, Mariana has made a decent life for herself given her circumstances.  She has a good job as an accountant, a roof over her head and a man who loves her.  Who cares if the reality of that good fortune is that she is a money launderer for the Cartel, who is trapped inside a locked apartment and in love with a married man who is one of the worst monsters she has ever met.  The longer she is imprisoned with the Cartel, the more precarious her situation gets and the possibility of getting back to her son looks like it could actually be a possibility.

She counts on her love for Dornan to get her through and keep her safe.  She looks forward to their time together and knows when she is with Dornan she is the safest she could possibly be in this crazy situation.  

But Dornan is changing and his responsibilities with the Cartel are becoming more involved making her feel less than safe and as though she can’t count on him when she needs him.  When things start to get even more dangerous for Mariana, who she can count on will keep you turning pages until the end.

My favorite type of books to read are the darker romances.  Kingpin had so many elements that I love!  I was completely engrossed in Marianas character, my heart was racing at several places in this story.  The author did a great job pulling me in as though I were another character in the book, even bringing me to tears at several places!

Before reading this second book in the series, I had not read Cartel, book one.  While I was able to follow along with everything that was going on, I missed so much by not reading book one first.  I highly recommend reading them in order so that you understand the history behind what is happening.  

I am giving Kingpin by Lili St. Germain 5 stars.


Reviewed by: Corrie H