Books & Boys Book Blog

B&B Style

B&B Promotions

Review : Private by Xavier Neal




ARC PROVIDED BY THE AUTHOR IN EXCHANGE FOR AN HONEST REVIEW

For me this was the first book that I have read by this author and I honestly have no idea why I have waited so long. ‘Private’ by Xavier Neal was a gripping read that I became totally immersed in. This is a 5 star read for me.

Wes and Brynley really drew me in and as the story was told from both points of view you really get a sense of each character and their thoughts. The chemistry and progression of their relationship was a captivating tale and yes it brings to mind beauty and the beast but in much sexier and grown up way to say the least.

Wes the mysterious billionaire has managed to hide from the world while maintaining and building on his success and wealth. He has managed to keep his privacy and only those select few that he trusts are allowed into his home but when his maid who has been so much more than just a maid to him over the years falls ill and is kept at his home he must allow her daughter into his house.

Brynley is shocked to find her mother the way she is and faces off with Wes about it. There is an instant connection between the two when they meet and the banter between them is so entertaining.

Both of these characters were great to get to know. Wes has had such a tough time and his coping mechanism has been to shut himself away. He had accepted his fate but Brynley has him rethinking some things. Brynley is a strong sassy and has a great wit and smart mouth that made her a brilliant character to read and love. There is more to this story than this book gives but what a great start, I can’t wait for more. This book had a bit of everything I love in a good book, laughs, mystery, suspense and a romance. I will definitely be reading more of this author.

Reviewed by Louise G.