Books & Boys Book Blog

B&B Style

B&B Promotions

Review : Giving it All by Christi Barth


***ARC PROVIDED BY PUBLISHER FOR AN HONEST REVIEW***

To be honest, I am not sure where to start. So here goes nothing. This story is about two individuals, Logan and Brooke, who were once friends back in high school. They haven’t seen each other in sometime. Until Hurricane Danielle came through and they were stuck at an airport together in the Dominica. Being that there were no hotel rooms, Brooke offered to share hers with him. They spent some fun times together on the first day which rekindled the crushes they once had for another. She wanted a fling and it was perfect for him. But what happens when the fling turns into more than just a fling?!

 I loved the beginning of this book and it had so much potential. The whole thing with Logan finding out about his unknown half-sister and Brooke’s big secret, left me wanting to know what was going to happen. But as I read the book, I felt myself thinking these two reminded me of a couple in their late forties as opposed to late twenties. It just didn’t feel real to me. The loves scenes were very detailed that didn’t leave much room for imagination. I think if the author cut back on the description of several scenes this book would have been better for me.  Just too much at times. The story line was great and had so much potential. In my opinion, this book is geared toward woman in their late forties to mid-fifties, not so much a young audience.

 On side note, I loved Logan’s friends. My favorite scenes in the novel included his wise-cracking friends. They are what truly made this book for me and I am curious to read their stories. 

Overall, my rating for this novel is a 3 Stars

Reviewed by Kris F.