Books & Boys Book Blog

B&B Style

B&B Promotions

Review : Gravity by Lauren Runow



***ARC PROVIDED BY THE AUTHOR IN EXCHANGE FOR AN HONEST REVIEW***

Surprisingly when I checked I found I hadn't read any books by Lauren Runow before although she is an author I have heard so much about and her books. Well that is no longer the case and I am so pleased as I loved 'Gravity' and so thrilled to have read it and couldn't give it anything other than 5 stars.

This is a story of friendship and love that continues to grow regardless of distance and circumstance. From the tender age of eight Trevin and Lily become the best of friends, living right next door to one another. As they grow they are there for each other through the trials and tribulations that we all face growing up but they also have to face some devastating and life altering tragedy that only makes their bond stronger.

Trevin doesn't have the best family life and through everything it is Lily who keeps him going. Their bond and friendship develops into more but neither can admit it in the chance they ruin everything. Trevin loves music and playing guitar so for his eighteenth birthday Lily surprises him with an audition for a music exec and that present changed his and her life forever.

It doesn't take long for trevor's life to change and throughout it all he longs for Lily as she does for him but distance and circumstance does everything it can to keep them apart. 

I loved getting to know both of these characters and see them grow into themselves. They were destined to be in each others life but it is for them to make it work and be something more. I loved some of the banter and the fact that the story was written in both points of view so you got to know both of them.This was a coming of age romance with a rockstar and the girl next for but it was also a sweet and endearing tale of friendship. Now that I have read my first Lauren Runow book I know I won't be stopping there her written flows effortlessly and at no point did I want to put the book down. I can't recommend this book enough.

Reviewed by Louise G.