Books & Boys Book Blog

B&B Style

B&B Promotions

Review : Trick by Laramie Briscoe

Trick


***ARC PROVIDED BY AUTHOR IN EXCHANGE FOR AN HONEST REVIEW***


‘Trick’ by Laramie Briscoe was such a treat to read. I was more than pleasantly surprised with the book I was reading and I fell in love with Trick, Sprite and Hadley and I give 5 wonderful stars for this book.


I don’t know why I had thought this was going to be a darker book than what it was so I was thrilled to find Trick, the big gentle soul that he was who was just looking for acceptance and love. My heart warmed every time I was reading about Trick and especially when he was interacting with Riley (Sprite).


The thing both Hadley and Trick had said they didn’t want and had made a stipulation before becoming part of a community service rehab programme to provide father figures for those who need is that they aren’t looking for a relationship. Hadley has other things to think about other than men and Trick has had enough of the mummy’s throwing themselves at him, he can’t deal with it any more. Neither expected the instant attraction and connection they would have.


Never did Hadley think that she would get someone who would not only heal her daughters’ broken heart but hers too. Although that being said her heart wasn’t really broken as it was saddened by what she had allowed herself to accept as love. Trick not only showed her what a true gentleman should be like but also how unconditionally love can be given whether you are biologically related or not, being a blood relation doesn’t necessarily mean love.


I won’t go over all the details of the book as the blurb gives you more than enough to make you one click and if you don’t then you are certainly missing out. Absolutely not what I was expecting but I truly loved this book and it left me wanting more. The writing was flawless and going from Trick and Hadley’s perspectives allows you to know them and what they are both thinking. An absolute must read.


Reviewed by Louise G.