Books & Boys Book Blog

B&B Style

B&B Promotions

Review : Every Little Thing by Samantha Young

31356463


***ARC WAS PROVIDED BY THE AUTHOR FOR AN HONEST REVIEW***

Writing: Excellent
Violence: Some, very light
Sex: Explicit
Narration: 1st person; alternating male/female lead

Witty, emotional and extremely satisfying!

‘Every Little Thing’ the second book in the Hart’s Boardwalk Series by Samantha Young, is the love story I wanted most after book one.  Bailey Hartwell and Vaughn Tremain were two of my favorite characters in Young’s The One Real Thing.  I was drawn to them almost immediately, impatiently waiting for their story to be told, and am extremely grateful that I didn’t have to wait too long.

Bailey Hartwell, owner of Hart’s Inn, is known as the Princess of the Boardwalk.  With great friends and a steady man by her side, there isn’t much she would change about her life...except maybe the presence of the impossible hotelier, Vaughn Tremain. Ever since Vaughn landed in Hartwell, he has been nothing but a thorn in Bailey’s side, their relationship short of a tumultuous disaster.  So when Bailey’s life is upended, she finds it disconcerting that Tremaine is actually kind and helpful.

Ever since meeting Bailey, Vaughn has been intrigued by her spunky attitude, but sadly she has always been off limits to him.  However, when a window of opportunity opens, Vaughn climbs right through.  His only roadblock is his past, which threatens the chance of any happiness the two could find.  Vaughn will have to decide if hanging on to the hurt of the past is more important than any future he could have with Bailey.

Every Little Thing was everything I hoped for.  There was so much back and forth between Bailey and Vaughn, just when I thought things were going to work out between the two of them, I was back at square one guessing again. With bits of suspense sprinkled throughout, the story kept my attention from beginning to end. It was a highly emotional ride, so much so that at times I would have to get up and walk away I was so overwhelmed.   Ms. Young played puppet master to my emotions more times than I can count.

Every character that played a part was well developed and the groundwork was laid to introduce several more books in this series, which I love!  I am looking forward to Emery and Dahlia’s stories even more after reading Every Little Thing, maybe even hoping for some happiness for Miss Aydan! Once again, Samantha Young has met and exceeded every one of my expectations.

I am giving Every Little Thing 5 Stars


Reviewed by Corrie H.