Books & Boys Book Blog

B&B Style

B&B Promotions

Review : Mr. Popular by Nicole London


***ARC Provided by the Author for an Honest Review***

Mr Popular by Nicole London is one of those high school stories where you can either love or hate it. I’m not an overly fussy reader, and can normally handle different types of scenes without any drama. In saying this, I would like to point out that Mr Popular won’t be to everyone’s taste, due to some the content, and the ages of the characters at the time. 

In all honesty, it wasn’t something that bothered me too much. The reality is, regardless of how innocent we would like to think our children are, things happen. 

Mariah and Liam are typical teenagers, obviously Liam being the older and also Mariah’s brother’s best friend. What was once a close friendship, and slightly more, turned sour during a summer camp. It’s a light fluffy read that I enjoyed even though their attitudes irritated me at times. Once again though this is an age thing and something I would expect.

What I really liked about Nicole’s writing was that even though you picked up on the sexual tension of her characters, those more intimate scenes were tasteful. If they were very graphic I may have struggled a bit.