Books & Boys Book Blog

B&B Style

B&B Promotions

Review : Something in the Way by Jessica Hawkins


***ARC Provided by the Author for an Honest Review***

Finding a book that propels you into the story line, pushing and prodding at you until you feel every emotion is a rarity and one you need to cherish.

Something in the Way by Jessica Hawkins was that book for me!

I love reading blurbs, it’s always a great insight into what I’m going to be delving into. The blurb for this book sucked me in before I even opened a page. I was already hurting for the lead female – Lake, and I hadn’t even started her tale. 

There is so much that can be said for ‘Something in the Way’ and I have to apologize when I say that I just don’t have to right words to do Jessica’s words justice. This is a beautiful written story that’s the first of two parts I believe, about a sixteen year old girl who befriends a boy seven years older than her. it’s a story that will take a grip of your heart and twist it in ways you never thought possible.

If you do nothing else today, I would have to highly recommend you grab a copy of this book. I will be keenly following Jessica from now on.