Books & Boys Book Blog

B&B Style

B&B Promotions

Review : 1st Time Love by Sapphire Knight






***ARC Provided by the Author for an Honest Review***

Before I start let me tell you that I’m a huge fan of Sapphire Knight and her writing style!

When I received 1st Time Love I was unsure of what I was walking into because to me this is different to what I have become accustomed to from Sapphire. This one is a sports novel and I was quite surprised at just how much I loved it. Let me explain myself a bit more. I’m a lover of all romance books but tend to struggle with the sporting ones. 

In saying that, this was a light, fun book that allows you to feel what her characters Tyler and Kadence are feeling. One is a rising football star with dreams of making it to the NFL and the other is a book nerd. What I particularly liked was the way Sapphire manages to incorporate something we love so much about her books into the pages of this story. To know what I mean, you will have to read the book to find out. 

What I would have liked to have seen though was more communication between the characters. I learnt and felt everything they were feeling but thought that this was something they needed to express to each other as well. Overall it was a story I really enjoyed. I felt that I took everything Sapphire was trying to portray from her words and that is something I love when reading.

It’s definitely one I would recommend.

This is a four star read.