Books & Boys Book Blog

B&B Style

B&B Promotions

Review : Autumn by Cole McCade



***ARC Provided by the Author for an Honest Review***

I wasn’t quite sure of what I was getting when I started Autumn by Cole McCade. It’s a male/male book from his amazing Crow City series, and a story I was really impressed with. If male/male books are not your thing then I would recommend you avoid this one. 

Firstly, I like to highlight how beautifully each of Cole’s characters were brought to life. Each one was well defined and through his words, I felt everything. Needless to say, my emotions went on one hell of a ride. The story line though, this is what had me enchanted. For Wally and Joseph - two men with not so happy history, the road to a happily ever after was paved with more bumps than a rocky mountain. These two men are connected through Joseph’s marriage to Wally’s sister and subsequent niece, but fate intervenes throwing more than just one hurdle in along the way. What I really loved was how different Wally’s character was. There was something about his personality that I found refreshing. 

Many years prior Wally’s sister leaves her husband and daughter, exiting from their lives. Assumptions can lead to devastating effects and it’s not until Joseph’s daughter Willow leaves, that Wally makes a reappearance in his life. There is an undercurrent of emotions ready to boil over between these two, but first they need to strip back the layers, to break through previously constructed walls. 

I loved everything about this story and know that everyone else will too.