Books & Boys Book Blog

B&B Style

B&B Promotions

Review: Beast by Mary Catherine Gebhard





***ARC Provided by the Author for an Honest Review***

Beast: A Hate Story, The Beginning by Mary Catherine Geghard is not your run of the mill love story. In fact it’s far from it! 

I loved this book, I hated this book – it dragged out of me so many emotions that I wasn’t expecting and even when I didn’t think I could continue reading, I couldn’t put it down! It’s a dark story, one which features the deepest, darkest and shadiest dealings that comes with someone associated with the Mafia. 

When Frankie offers her life to Beast, to settle her father’s debt, she never considered what her life would become. It was supposed to be a simple transaction, one that ensured the safety of her father’s life. I suppose you would read that and think it’s pretty straightforward. It’s not the first of those kinds of story lines to surface – but you would be wrong…….. very wrong.

There is nothing straightforward about Beast and Frankie’s story. There is a complexity to their characters that will force you to continue even if you don’t want to, just to know how it ends. 

It’s not a book for everyone and at times had this girl frustrated, but I will be back for the next one. 

You can count on that.

This is a four star read.