Books & Boys Book Blog

B&B Style

B&B Promotions

Review : Crooks & Kings by London Miller





***ARC Provided by the Author for an Honest Review***

Crooks and Kings by London Miller was a drama filled mafia story, that had just the right amount of action to keep me enthralled. I am a sucker for the darker books and when I started this one I was intrigued about where the story line was going to lead me.

London’s lead characters Mariya and Fang were really were defined, but for me they were a couple who took their time finding their way to each other. Although I found something in each of them that instantly attracted me to their characters, I found their relationship built too slowly. I sometimes find that slow building relationships are more appealing to the reader, but with these two the usual spark, or connection you pull from the authors words wasn’t there. 

Apart from that the pace of this book was perfect, allowing me to be consumed right up until the very end. I especially enjoyed reading about the secondary characters. I can’t wait to see their stories evolve in future books. I particularly love books where the lead characters are broken, and too scared to embrace life due to the fear of being hurt again. You felt that in Crooks and Kings and regardless still rode that roller coaster alongside them just to find out how their story ended………. To see whether they found their way to a happily ever after.

A great story line that will keep you guessing at times.