Books & Boys Book Blog

B&B Style

B&B Promotions

Review : The Hard Truth About Sunshine by Sawyer Bennett



***ARC Provided by the Author for an Honest Review***

The hard truth about Sunshine by Sawyer Bennett is a powerful story, vastly different than anything I have ever read of hers before.

I knew I was in for a roller coaster of emotions just from the blurb itself, but what I wasn’t prepared for was the gut wrenching devastation these four lead characters put me through. I have never cried as much whilst reading a book, as I did with this one. Each of their stories gripped me in a way that had me wanting to mother them, and renew their belief that goodness still exists in the world. I wanted to wrap each of them up, and show them that how to turn their negativity and pain into something bright and good. 

One is an amputee. One is losing her eyesight. One is a boy dying of terminal cancer. One is an abuse victim with suicidal tendencies.

For me, each of the stories for these four, is one of self-discovery, with a deepness that had me gripped from the very start. The rawness of everything each one of the four characters suffered grounded me, and gave me an appreciation of my own life.

I think we all forget just how precious our lives really are until a tragedy in some way or form strikes us down.  

If you don’t read anything else, you have to read this book. It’s my personal favorite of the year.