Books & Boys Book Blog

B&B Style

B&B Promotions

Review : Unprofessional by J.D. Hawkins




** ARC Provided by the Author for an honest review * 

Best friends to lovers …….. now those are the kind of light reads that I love to get hold of after a few too many darker reads. I was very excited to get my hands on JD Hawkins – Unprofessional, because I knew I was going to be in for the ride of my life.

Owen is a man whose profession is probably one most men would kill for. Date hot women and write about it. I mean seriously what man wouldn’t dream of a job like that, especially with all the perks that come with it. But, what happens when he gets his wish and goes from writing about his experiences to being on an online reality show. Still sounds perfect you say …… yeah, maybe, until his co-host just happens to be his best friend and fellow co worker.

When a night of alcohol and unadulterated sex puts them in a sticky situation, these two professional people suddenly find themselves acting in an unprofessional manner. 

What I particularly loved was the dual point of views, especially since I’m used to JD writing prominently in a male voice. The sex between these two was off the charts, but it’s how their characters were defined that drew me into their story. You can’t help but root for these two, praying that they find their way to the one thing they both need ………… each other.

Will a dream job offer stop that? You will just have to read to find out.