Books & Boys Book Blog

B&B Style

B&B Promotions

Review : The Player by K. Bromberg



***ARC Provided by the Author for an Honest Review***

Powerfully raw, intense and sexy .. a MUST read

I have to be honest and admit that when I read the blurb for The Player by K Bromberg I was skeptical. Over the past year I have read a few novels with a similar story line to them and thought that this was just going to be another carbon copy of those.

WRONG .. Boy was I wrong!

Never judge a book by its cover! A piece of advice that I highly recommend you take when opening up this novel. Easton Wylder is one of those guys who knows he is the best of the best. He has it all, until an injury sidelines him. When the gorgeous Scout Dalton walks into his life to assist with his rehabilitation instead of her father Doc, he’s left wondering where she has what it takes to help him.

Okay so enough about the blurb! What you need to know is how powerfully raw this story line is and how it pulls on your heart strings. I love to read, but this book gripped me so tightly that I felt every single emotion Kristy’s lead characters did. It was as though she had put her heart and soul into writing Easton and Scout’s story. The chemistry between these two is off the charts and man you have to believe me when I tell you that you can feel the heat coming straight off the pages. There’s a passion between these two that can’t be denied, nor can the goodness they bring to each other. 

It’s the ending though, that surprised me. I had an assumption of how I believed it was going to end, yet I was wrong, so very wrong. Regardless of what I felt going into this book, by the time I got to the end I was far from disappointed with how Kristy played out it. It just made me more excited to get my hands on the next one.